CISCO, Texas - Cisco College is now changing their social media policies after an alleged bullying incident.
Hunter Peel, 17, a former Cisco College soccer player, claims she was bullied on Twitter by other girls on the Cisco College soccer team.
The school issued a statement that said they will now add safeguards to assure that students cannot use social media to threaten or harass other students at the school.
Cisco College also told KTXS they will remain pro-active in updating and maintaining policies.
Below is the statement:
"As an educational institution Cisco College attempts to use the disciplinary process as an educational tool to teach students their obligation to behave in an acceptable manner that takes into account the rights and property of others.
Cisco College takes the rights and responsibilities of students very seriously. Any recognized behavior that violates the student code of conduct will be grounds for disciplinary action by the college.
The college remains proactive in updating and maintaining policies and standards of student conduct which will now include violations of the standards for conduct through the use of social media."
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death