MERKEL, Texas - A water line break forces residents to boil water before use. According to City Manager Steve Campbell, the break forced water pressure to drop below acceptable standards.
Residents should boil water before using. The water should be brought to a vigorous boil for at least two minutes before using it to drink, cook, or make ice.
KTXS will let you know when the water is safe to use.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking