COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A Coleman County man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for shooting at a crop dusting plane.
James Cate, 69, was sentenced by a Lubbock federal judge. Cate pleaded guilty to making a threat to an aircraft.
The incident happened in February of last year. Cate shot at a plane that was crop dusting near his land in Talpa. One of his shots hit and damaged the plane. The pilot was uninjured.
Cate also has to pay a $297,000 fine.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon