CROSS PLAINS, Texas - A Coleman man died six miles north of Cross Plains in a fatal head-on accident on Highway 206.
James David Carpenter, 78, died on the scene.
Troopers said Carpenter attempted a U-turn and was in the wrong lane when he was struck head on by a second pickup.
Both the driver of the second pickup and the passenger in Carpenter's vehicle are fine.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring