SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - Authorities continue to work to identify human remains found in a remote area of Lake J.B. Thomas.
Many wondered if it could be a break in the case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn. Right now, authorities aren't saying. In fact, they still have not released the gender or age and said the body was badly decomposed.
Who could it be?
We checked with the Department of Public Safety for counties near where the body was found.
They said only active cases that have been reported by loved ones or authorities are listed. We looked through Scurry, Mitchell, Howard, Nolan, Fisher and Lubbock counties and found four missing persons after 2000.
In Scurry County, where remains were found last week, there are no active missing persons cases.
William Bynum, 40, disappeared from Big Spring in 2003. He was seen leaving a bar with another man and was never heard from again.
In 2004, 26-year-old Jennifer Wilkerson was reported missing from Lubbock. Her boyfriend was the last person to see her. He said she was going to drive home and then to her job, but she never arrived at work.
The nationally known Hailey Dunn case began in 2010. Then 13-year-old Hailey was last seen at her Colorado City home by her mom's boyfriend. He says she left for her father's house and never made it there.
The most recent case was last year in Lubbock. Mark Ysasanga, 15, packed a bag and went to his friend's house. He was last seen there at 2 a.m.
If you have information about any of these cases please call the police.
You can visit the missing persons database here.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel