COLORADO CITY, Texas - A 24-year-old Colorado City woman was killed Monday in a single-vehicle crash on County Road 309, about three miles south of Colorado City.
Killed was Rianna Elizabeth Rivera, who was pronounced dead less than an hour after the 10:57 p.m. accident. Her body was taken to Kiker-Seale Funeral Home in Colorado City.
According to a state Department of Public Safety news release, Rivera was driving a 2013 Honda Accord north on CR 309 and left the roadway to the right.
"The vehicle struck a metal fence, came to rest facing northwest, and caught fire," the news release said. "No others involved. No other information provided. Under investigation."
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth