COLORADO CITY, Texas - A 24-year-old Colorado City woman was killed Monday in a single-vehicle crash on County Road 309, about three miles south of Colorado City.
Killed was Rianna Elizabeth Rivera, who was pronounced dead less than an hour after the 10:57 p.m. accident. Her body was taken to Kiker-Seale Funeral Home in Colorado City.
According to a state Department of Public Safety news release, Rivera was driving a 2013 Honda Accord north on CR 309 and left the roadway to the right.
"The vehicle struck a metal fence, came to rest facing northwest, and caught fire," the news release said. "No others involved. No other information provided. Under investigation."
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit