COLORADO CITY, Texas - A 24-year-old Colorado City woman was killed Monday in a single-vehicle crash on County Road 309, about three miles south of Colorado City.
Killed was Rianna Elizabeth Rivera, who was pronounced dead less than an hour after the 10:57 p.m. accident. Her body was taken to Kiker-Seale Funeral Home in Colorado City.
According to a state Department of Public Safety news release, Rivera was driving a 2013 Honda Accord north on CR 309 and left the roadway to the right.
"The vehicle struck a metal fence, came to rest facing northwest, and caught fire," the news release said. "No others involved. No other information provided. Under investigation."
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene