COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - A judge ruled Michael Lowery does not qualify for an attorney paid for by tax payers.
A clerk for for 220th Judicial District Judge Robertson's office said the ruling proved Lowery is not indigent. This means Lowery will have to pay for his own attorney.
Brown County officials arrested Michael Lowery on July 30. He is charged with first-degree murder of his wife, Amber Lowery.
He was later transported to the Comanche County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot