COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - A judge ruled Michael Lowery does not qualify for an attorney paid for by tax payers.
A clerk for for 220th Judicial District Judge Robertson's office said the ruling proved Lowery is not indigent. This means Lowery will have to pay for his own attorney.
Brown County officials arrested Michael Lowery on July 30. He is charged with first-degree murder of his wife, Amber Lowery.
He was later transported to the Comanche County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget