COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - A judge ruled Michael Lowery does not qualify for an attorney paid for by tax payers.
A clerk for for 220th Judicial District Judge Robertson's office said the ruling proved Lowery is not indigent. This means Lowery will have to pay for his own attorney.
Brown County officials arrested Michael Lowery on July 30. He is charged with first-degree murder of his wife, Amber Lowery.
He was later transported to the Comanche County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million.
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated HBO pressed on sexualized violence in 'Westworld,' other dramas
- New Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- New Army report: Grenade found in room of Dallas gunman in 2014