COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - A judge ruled Michael Lowery does not qualify for an attorney paid for by tax payers.
A clerk for for 220th Judicial District Judge Robertson's office said the ruling proved Lowery is not indigent. This means Lowery will have to pay for his own attorney.
Brown County officials arrested Michael Lowery on July 30. He is charged with first-degree murder of his wife, Amber Lowery.
He was later transported to the Comanche County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated