COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - A judge ruled Michael Lowery does not qualify for an attorney paid for by tax payers.
A clerk for for 220th Judicial District Judge Robertson's office said the ruling proved Lowery is not indigent. This means Lowery will have to pay for his own attorney.
Brown County officials arrested Michael Lowery on July 30. He is charged with first-degree murder of his wife, Amber Lowery.
He was later transported to the Comanche County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested