HODGES, Texas - A church in Hodges is slowly putting things together after a dramatic accident Monday night. Hodges is northwest of Abilene in Jones County.
A truck plowed through the side of the building, causing extensive damage.
Two in the truck were treated for injuries. No one was in the church at the time of the accident. Wednesday, the pastor told KTXS they will have services on Sunday at 11 a.m. in their fellowship hall.
Other churches have stepped forward to help. Sunday night their Fifth Sunday Sing will actually be held at the First Baptist Church Hawley, after Hodges received an invitation to attend. Clearfork Baptist in Hawley is letting them use their soundsystem and chairs.
The church has damaged choir pews, the piano has been destroyed, as has the middle school classroom...even the baptism pool is ruined. What's more, the pastor says major damage is visible across the ceiling of the sanctuary from the shifting done when the truck ran into the church.
The pastor said it could be six months to a year before they can get everything fixed. And, that's only if the building isn't condemned.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances