MERKEL, Texas - Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning on the Merkel High School gym.
Merkel ISD Superintendent Bill Hood said officials are on high alert as police focus on two suspects.
Hood confirmed several students went home after learning of the graffiti and that police officers will be on Merkel ISD campuses on Friday. Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD will also have officers on all their campuses Friday because of a recent threat.
Similar graffiti was found on Abilene High School within the past two weeks, Hood said, adding the individuals being looked at are suspected of placing the graffiti at AHS.
The graffiti on the Merkel High gym has been removed, Hood said. He didn't provide details about the graffiti.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident