MERKEL, Texas - Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning on the Merkel High School gym.
Merkel ISD Superintendent Bill Hood said officials are on high alert as police focus on two suspects.
Hood confirmed several students went home after learning of the graffiti and that police officers will be on Merkel ISD campuses on Friday. Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD will also have officers on all their campuses Friday because of a recent threat.
Similar graffiti was found on Abilene High School within the past two weeks, Hood said, adding the individuals being looked at are suspected of placing the graffiti at AHS.
The graffiti on the Merkel High gym has been removed, Hood said. He didn't provide details about the graffiti.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase