MERKEL, Texas - Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning on the Merkel High School gym.
Merkel ISD Superintendent Bill Hood said officials are on high alert as police focus on two suspects.
Hood confirmed several students went home after learning of the graffiti and that police officers will be on Merkel ISD campuses on Friday. Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD will also have officers on all their campuses Friday because of a recent threat.
Similar graffiti was found on Abilene High School within the past two weeks, Hood said, adding the individuals being looked at are suspected of placing the graffiti at AHS.
The graffiti on the Merkel High gym has been removed, Hood said. He didn't provide details about the graffiti.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot