MERKEL, Texas - Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning on the Merkel High School gym.
Merkel ISD Superintendent Bill Hood said officials are on high alert as police focus on two suspects.
Hood confirmed several students went home after learning of the graffiti and that police officers will be on Merkel ISD campuses on Friday. Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD will also have officers on all their campuses Friday because of a recent threat.
Similar graffiti was found on Abilene High School within the past two weeks, Hood said, adding the individuals being looked at are suspected of placing the graffiti at AHS.
The graffiti on the Merkel High gym has been removed, Hood said. He didn't provide details about the graffiti.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated