COLORADO CITY, Texas - Troopers from the Texas Department of Public Safety worked a serious accident Thursday afternoon on I-20 near Colorado City in Mitchell County.
An elderly couple was reportedly flown to the hospital after the truck they were in struck a concrete beam.
A KTXS viewer who witnessed the accident stopped to give assistance. He took pictures of the crash after emergency crews arrived. Peter Frame described the crash as "horrible." He said traffic in both the eastbound and westbound lanes was diverted to the access roads after the crash.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations