ANSON, Texas - Intense thunderstorms hit several parts of the Big Country last night and golf ball-sized hail pounded the city of Anson.
Patrick Darnell, co-owner of Fully Equipped Nutrition in downtown Anson, said his building, especially the roof, was severely damaged by the hail.
Crews arrived to make repairs earlier Thursday, but the storms began again and they had to call off the work.
Darnell said many vehicles were dented and windows were destroyed by the storm. Small tree branches also broke off of trees in the city's main square.
The estimated damage to the business has not yet been determined.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend