SNYDER, Texas - A 46-year-old Colorado City man was killed early Monday morning in a single-car accident on State Highway 208, about 9.5 miles southeast of Snyder, the state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday.
Manuel Guevara was pronounced dead at 5:06 a.m. after sustaining injuries in a crash that reportedly had occurred less than two hours earlier. His body was taken to Bell Cypert Seale Funeral Home in Snyder, DPS said in a news release.
A passenger in Guevara's vehicle – 29-year-old Alexis Nicole Arrambide, also of Colorado City – was taken to University Medical Center in Lubbock in serious condition with incapacitating injuries, DPS said.
Guevera's vehicle was traveling south on SH 208 when the vehicle struck the west guardrail attached to a bridge, sending the vehicle airborne before it came to a rest on its top, according to DPS.
While DPS said Guevara was wearing a seat belt, Arrambide reportedly wasn't.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash