SNYDER, Texas - A 46-year-old Colorado City man was killed early Monday morning in a single-car accident on State Highway 208, about 9.5 miles southeast of Snyder, the state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday.
Manuel Guevara was pronounced dead at 5:06 a.m. after sustaining injuries in a crash that reportedly had occurred less than two hours earlier. His body was taken to Bell Cypert Seale Funeral Home in Snyder, DPS said in a news release.
A passenger in Guevara's vehicle – 29-year-old Alexis Nicole Arrambide, also of Colorado City – was taken to University Medical Center in Lubbock in serious condition with incapacitating injuries, DPS said.
Guevera's vehicle was traveling south on SH 208 when the vehicle struck the west guardrail attached to a bridge, sending the vehicle airborne before it came to a rest on its top, according to DPS.
While DPS said Guevara was wearing a seat belt, Arrambide reportedly wasn't.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated