SNYDER, Texas - A 46-year-old Colorado City man was killed early Monday morning in a single-car accident on State Highway 208, about 9.5 miles southeast of Snyder, the state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday.
Manuel Guevara was pronounced dead at 5:06 a.m. after sustaining injuries in a crash that reportedly had occurred less than two hours earlier. His body was taken to Bell Cypert Seale Funeral Home in Snyder, DPS said in a news release.
A passenger in Guevara's vehicle – 29-year-old Alexis Nicole Arrambide, also of Colorado City – was taken to University Medical Center in Lubbock in serious condition with incapacitating injuries, DPS said.
Guevera's vehicle was traveling south on SH 208 when the vehicle struck the west guardrail attached to a bridge, sending the vehicle airborne before it came to a rest on its top, according to DPS.
While DPS said Guevara was wearing a seat belt, Arrambide reportedly wasn't.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide