SNYDER, Texas - A 46-year-old Colorado City man was killed early Monday morning in a single-car accident on State Highway 208, about 9.5 miles southeast of Snyder, the state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday.
Manuel Guevara was pronounced dead at 5:06 a.m. after sustaining injuries in a crash that reportedly had occurred less than two hours earlier. His body was taken to Bell Cypert Seale Funeral Home in Snyder, DPS said in a news release.
A passenger in Guevara's vehicle – 29-year-old Alexis Nicole Arrambide, also of Colorado City – was taken to University Medical Center in Lubbock in serious condition with incapacitating injuries, DPS said.
Guevera's vehicle was traveling south on SH 208 when the vehicle struck the west guardrail attached to a bridge, sending the vehicle airborne before it came to a rest on its top, according to DPS.
While DPS said Guevara was wearing a seat belt, Arrambide reportedly wasn't.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth