SNYDER, Texas - A 46-year-old Colorado City man was killed early Monday morning in a single-car accident on State Highway 208, about 9.5 miles southeast of Snyder, the state Department of Public Safety reported Thursday.
Manuel Guevara was pronounced dead at 5:06 a.m. after sustaining injuries in a crash that reportedly had occurred less than two hours earlier. His body was taken to Bell Cypert Seale Funeral Home in Snyder, DPS said in a news release.
A passenger in Guevara's vehicle – 29-year-old Alexis Nicole Arrambide, also of Colorado City – was taken to University Medical Center in Lubbock in serious condition with incapacitating injuries, DPS said.
Guevera's vehicle was traveling south on SH 208 when the vehicle struck the west guardrail attached to a bridge, sending the vehicle airborne before it came to a rest on its top, according to DPS.
While DPS said Guevara was wearing a seat belt, Arrambide reportedly wasn't.
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated HBO pressed on sexualized violence in 'Westworld,' other dramas
- New Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- New Army report: Grenade found in room of Dallas gunman in 2014