STAMFORD, Texas - The state Department of Public Safety released details Thursday of a single-vehicle Sunday crash – on State Highway 92, 7 miles west of Stamford – that killed a 50-year-old Hamlin man.
John Bill Maddox was pronounced dead at 10:12 p.m. Sunday, according to a DPS news release.
DPS said a Maddox-driven 2003 Chrevrolet pickup driven was traveling west on SH 92 when it veered off the roadway before ultimately going into a "side skid in the north barrow ditch rolling over to its left."
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog