STAMFORD, Texas - The state Department of Public Safety released details Thursday of a single-vehicle Sunday crash – on State Highway 92, 7 miles west of Stamford – that killed a 50-year-old Hamlin man.
John Bill Maddox was pronounced dead at 10:12 p.m. Sunday, according to a DPS news release.
DPS said a Maddox-driven 2003 Chrevrolet pickup driven was traveling west on SH 92 when it veered off the roadway before ultimately going into a "side skid in the north barrow ditch rolling over to its left."
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman