STAMFORD, Texas - The state Department of Public Safety released details Thursday of a single-vehicle Sunday crash – on State Highway 92, 7 miles west of Stamford – that killed a 50-year-old Hamlin man.
John Bill Maddox was pronounced dead at 10:12 p.m. Sunday, according to a DPS news release.
DPS said a Maddox-driven 2003 Chrevrolet pickup driven was traveling west on SH 92 when it veered off the roadway before ultimately going into a "side skid in the north barrow ditch rolling over to its left."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated