STAMFORD, Texas - The state Department of Public Safety released details Thursday of a single-vehicle Sunday crash – on State Highway 92, 7 miles west of Stamford – that killed a 50-year-old Hamlin man.
John Bill Maddox was pronounced dead at 10:12 p.m. Sunday, according to a DPS news release.
DPS said a Maddox-driven 2003 Chrevrolet pickup driven was traveling west on SH 92 when it veered off the roadway before ultimately going into a "side skid in the north barrow ditch rolling over to its left."
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen