CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety has been able to identify one of three people killed in a fiery two-vehicle head-on crash about 4:06 p.m. Monday in Callahan County.
The accident happened on Texas Highway 36 – at mile marker 330 – west of Cross Plains.
The two vehicles in the crash caught fire. Two occupants were in each vehicle, according to DPS spokesman Sparky Dean.
Killed were Steven Wayne Pickett, 64, of Cross Plains, and an unidentified driver and unidentified passenger in a second vehicle.
Pickett was driving a Ford pickup when the accident occurred. A passenger in Pickett's vechile – William Bryan Partain, 36, of Graham – was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene.
Remains of the three killed in the accident were taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Officer in Fort Worth.
Investigators have been unable to identify the type and the make of the second vehicle involved, Dean said.
Two rescue workers at the scene had to seek medical attention.
In the news release, Dean said the weather was clear and the roadway dry at the time of the accident. The crash is being investigated by Trooper Brent Berry.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget