CLYDE, Texas - A fire partially damaged a man's home in Clyde early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out just before 7 a.m. in the 400 block of Bowie Street near Bulldog Stadium.
The Clyde Fire Department said a stove pipe got too hot, causing the fire in the attic. Most of the damage occurred in the attic area above the bedroom.
The homeowner was not injured and said he did not have many valuables in his home.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene