OLDEN, Texas - A teenager from Eastland was killed early Friday morning after a rollover accident.
It happened just before 2 a.m. Benjamin Levi Cagle was driving north on County Road 454, near Olden.
As he approached a curve, he over-corrected and his truck hit a ditch and rolled over. The passenger, 17-year-old Joseph Wayne Woodall, was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
He was taken to Arringten-Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is reminding drivers to buckle up.
Thursday night, a 71-year-old woman was killed in a rollover crash near Moran.
That makes this the second accident within 24 hours where those killed were not wearing seatbelts.
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police