OLDEN, Texas - A teenager from Eastland was killed early Friday morning after a rollover accident.
It happened just before 2 a.m. Benjamin Levi Cagle was driving north on County Road 454, near Olden.
As he approached a curve, he over-corrected and his truck hit a ditch and rolled over. The passenger, 17-year-old Joseph Wayne Woodall, was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
He was taken to Arringten-Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is reminding drivers to buckle up.
Thursday night, a 71-year-old woman was killed in a rollover crash near Moran.
That makes this the second accident within 24 hours where those killed were not wearing seatbelts.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- United Supermarket on South 14th Street robbed, suspect sought
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking