BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 27-year-old former Brownwood Middle School coach was arrested Monday on a charge of indecency with a child.
Landon Westerman, whose address is listed as Grapevine in jail records, turned himself in Monday and bailed out on a $75,000 bond Tuesday.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office is looking into allegations that Westerman had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
KTXS' partner, the Brownwood Bulletin, reported text messages from Westerman were allegedly found on a female student's cell phone. The Bulletin also said Westerman admitted to kissing the girl but denied other accusations.
In a statement, Brownwood ISD said called Westerman's arrest shocking and noted that the school administration is cooperating fully with law enforcement officials. Also, no other incidents were reported to BISD administration during Westerman's one year with the district.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend