ANSON, Texas - Ex-Hamlin Police Chief Ray Moseley has been indicted on a state jail felony charge of theft by a public servant.
Moseley, listed in jail records as Haskell Ray Moseley, turned himself into Jones County Jail on Wednesday. He has since bailed out after bond was set at $5,000.
According to court documents, Moseley allegedly stole a Taser – valued at more than $500 but less than $1,500 – from owner Isaac Castro during July of 2012.
Texas Rangers conducted the investigation.
It is unclear if Moseley is currently employed as a police officer or sheriff's deputy.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco