ANSON, Texas - Ex-Hamlin Police Chief Ray Moseley has been indicted on a state jail felony charge of theft by a public servant.
Moseley, listed in jail records as Haskell Ray Moseley, turned himself into Jones County Jail on Wednesday. He has since bailed out after bond was set at $5,000.
According to court documents, Moseley allegedly stole a Taser – valued at more than $500 but less than $1,500 – from owner Isaac Castro during July of 2012.
Texas Rangers conducted the investigation.
It is unclear if Moseley is currently employed as a police officer or sheriff's deputy.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting