ANSON, Texas - Ex-Hamlin Police Chief Ray Moseley has been indicted on a state jail felony charge of theft by a public servant.
Moseley, listed in jail records as Haskell Ray Moseley, turned himself into Jones County Jail on Wednesday. He has since bailed out after bond was set at $5,000.
According to court documents, Moseley allegedly stole a Taser – valued at more than $500 but less than $1,500 – from owner Isaac Castro during July of 2012.
Texas Rangers conducted the investigation.
It is unclear if Moseley is currently employed as a police officer or sheriff's deputy.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017