JONES COUNTY, Texas - A Tuesday afternoon fire destroyed the home of a Jones County family.
The fire was first noticed just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at the home on a private road east of Hwy 277 between Anson and Hawley.
The fairly new home burned to the ground.
No one was home when the blaze started and no one was injured. However, the family believes their two dogs died in the fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown, but the woman living in the home told us she believes the fire may have started near a window air conditioning unit.
Fire crews from Anson and Hawley fought the fire.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen