COMANCHE CO., Texas - The family of Amber Lowery, who has been missing for more than a week, said violence has been a part of the couple's relationship before.
Shanon Christensen, Amber's brother, said Amber has had problems with Mike throughout their marriage. In fact, the West Plains Police Department in Missouri confirmed Mike Lowery was arrested for domestic violence against Amber years ago.
Shannon said Amber always went back to Mike because she thought it would be best for her children.
Shanon said he was told by officers that this has turned into a murder investigation.
"They told us in a roundabout way that we have sufficient evidence to suggest that we are only looking for a body at this point," said Shanon.
Amber's husband, Mike Lowery, was arrested and charged with her murder Tuesday. The last time anyone heard from Amber was July 23nd. That's when Amber sent her brother Ryan a terrifying message.
"She told him, 'if anything happens to me Mike did something to me,'" said Shanon.
It put the entire family on edge, but it wasn't like they had never heard it before.
"There's been several times, even the night of my parents funeral, we all got a text from her saying that she feared for her life, but don't call and don't text cause it would make it worse," said Shanon.
He said the family always obeyed her pleas, but they hoped it would end differently.
"I want them to find my sister. I know she's gone, but I want to find her. I want to find her so we can give her a proper burial. We owe that to her," Shanon said.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash