COMANCHE COUNTY, Texas - After authorities discovered human remains on the Lowery property in Comanche County, the family of missing woman Amber Lowery announced Saturday via Facebook they are looking for permanent homes for her many pets.
Amber was last seen at her ranch off of Highway 36 near Rising Star Tuesday, July 23. Her husband, Michael, was charged with her murder Tuesday. The Department of Public Safety announced Thursday that human remains had been discovered on the property surrounding Michael's residence the day before. Those remains have yet to be identified.
According to the Find Amber Lowery page on Facebook, her family is trying to find permanent homes for 20 turkeys, seven ducks, two geese, two adult Rottweilers, a cat, six kittens, Amber's personal mare and a pony. Interested parties can email FindAmberLowery@hotmail.com.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash