ANSON, Texas - Austin Garrett, the father of the 2-year-old who drowned earlier this month, has been charged with abandoning/endangering a child.
According to the Anson Police Department, the investigation revealed that Garrett, 20, purposely left his son Brendyn outside while playing PlayStation video games with his younger brother.
Once the child arrived at Anson General Hospital, the child failed to respond to CPR and was pronounced dead at 1:55 p.m. on Wednesday, June 4.
Garrett's bond has been set at $75,000. He will be prosecuted by the Jones County District Attorney's Office after the investigation is complete.
Below is the news release, in its entirety, from the Anson Police Department:
Anson Police Department Press Release
On June 4, 2014 at approximately 1:22 PM the Anson Police Department was dispatched to 2031 CR 380 in Anson. Dispatch advised a two year old child was drowning. Upon arrival EMS transported the child to the Anson General Hospital. Upon arrival the child did not respond to CPR. Brendyn Garrett was pronounced deceased at 1:55 PM.
The Anson Police Department initatied an investigation into the drowning. Our investigation revealed the father of Brendyn purposely left the child outside while playing a video game on PlayStation with his little brother. Austin Garrett has been charged and arrested for the criminal offense of Abandoning/Endangering a Child, a 2nd Degree Felony. Bond has been set at $75,000.00. Our investigation has been completed, and turned over to the Jones County District Attorney's Office for prosecution.
For more information contact the Anson Police Department Chief David L. Moore 325-823-3056 or email email@example.com
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated