Callahan County, Texas - One man is dead after a one-vehicle crash in Callahan County.
The crash occurred late Saturday night on I-20 at mile marker 316 just west of Putnam, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Police said Kenneth Dale Harms, 47, of Saginaw, was driving his truck in the eastbound lane of I-20 when the vehicle veered off of the roadway to the inside shoulder, hitting a guardrail at Mexia Creek.
The Peterbilt truck went over the concrete barrier and struck the embankment on the east side of the creek, where it burst into flames.
Harms was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking