Callahan County, Texas - One man is dead after a one-vehicle crash in Callahan County.
The crash occurred late Saturday night on I-20 at mile marker 316 just west of Putnam, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Police said Kenneth Dale Harms, 47, of Saginaw, was driving his truck in the eastbound lane of I-20 when the vehicle veered off of the roadway to the inside shoulder, hitting a guardrail at Mexia Creek.
The Peterbilt truck went over the concrete barrier and struck the embankment on the east side of the creek, where it burst into flames.
Harms was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family