Callahan County, Texas - One man is dead after a one-vehicle crash in Callahan County.
The crash occurred late Saturday night on I-20 at mile marker 316 just west of Putnam, according to the Department of Public Safety.
Police said Kenneth Dale Harms, 47, of Saginaw, was driving his truck in the eastbound lane of I-20 when the vehicle veered off of the roadway to the inside shoulder, hitting a guardrail at Mexia Creek.
The Peterbilt truck went over the concrete barrier and struck the embankment on the east side of the creek, where it burst into flames.
Harms was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash