CROSS PLAINS, Texas - A bad accident on Highway 36 nine miles west of Cross Plains took the life of a Cross Plains woman Friday afternoon.
The accident occurred just after 2 p.m.
The crash involved a pickup and an 18-wheeler. The 81-year-old woman driving the pickup, Kara Murphy Watson, died at the scene.
The DPS said the driver of the 18-wheeler lost control of his truck and his trailer jackknifed into the path of the pickup driven by Watson.
His truck burned but the truck driver, a Plainview man, suffered only minor injuries.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash