CROSS PLAINS, Texas - A bad accident on Highway 36 nine miles west of Cross Plains took the life of a Cross Plains woman Friday afternoon.
The accident occurred just after 2 p.m.
The crash involved a pickup and an 18-wheeler. The 81-year-old woman driving the pickup, Kara Murphy Watson, died at the scene.
The DPS said the driver of the 18-wheeler lost control of his truck and his trailer jackknifed into the path of the pickup driven by Watson.
His truck burned but the truck driver, a Plainview man, suffered only minor injuries.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs