CROSS PLAINS, Texas - A bad accident on Highway 36 nine miles west of Cross Plains took the life of a Cross Plains woman Friday afternoon.
The accident occurred just after 2 p.m.
The crash involved a pickup and an 18-wheeler. The 81-year-old woman driving the pickup, Kara Murphy Watson, died at the scene.
The DPS said the driver of the 18-wheeler lost control of his truck and his trailer jackknifed into the path of the pickup driven by Watson.
His truck burned but the truck driver, a Plainview man, suffered only minor injuries.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued