SWEETWATER, Texas - A grass fire is burning between County Road 220 and Interstate 20 near Sweetwater.
Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden said six fire departments have responded.
One barn has already burned, but firefighters were able to save two nearby homes. Smoke is heavy and drifting towards I-20. The fire was caused by some wiring which ignited nearby brush.
The fire burned about 75 acres.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth