JONES COUNTY, Texas - A Hamlin man was killed in a car crash early Sunday morning in Jones County.
It happened at 7:44 a.m.
James Albert Jackson, 44, was driving in a 2001 Ford pickup on FM 1812 when he left the roadway to the right, then overcorrected to the left and veered off the roadway.
The car continued up an embankment and overturned several times before catching fire.
Jackson was not wearing his seat belt and police believe alcohol was a factor in the accident. The road was dry and the skies were cloudy.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck