O'BRIEN, Texas - A 71-year-old Haskell man died Monday morning after his truck was hit from behind on State Highway 6, just two miles south of O'Brien.
A Texas Department of Public Safety news release said Cecil Edmond Bingham – who was killed in the crash – wasn't wearing a seat belt when his pickup was struck and that he was driving well below the speed limit.
Shilo Ryan Wilkerson, a 36-year-old Corinth who was driving the second vehicle, was injured but wasn't taken to the hospital, State Police said.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit