O'BRIEN, Texas - A 71-year-old Haskell man died Monday morning after his truck was hit from behind on State Highway 6, just two miles south of O'Brien.
A Texas Department of Public Safety news release said Cecil Edmond Bingham – who was killed in the crash – wasn't wearing a seat belt when his pickup was struck and that he was driving well below the speed limit.
Shilo Ryan Wilkerson, a 36-year-old Corinth who was driving the second vehicle, was injured but wasn't taken to the hospital, State Police said.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend