O'BRIEN, Texas - A 71-year-old Haskell man died Monday morning after his truck was hit from behind on State Highway 6, just two miles south of O'Brien.
A Texas Department of Public Safety news release said Cecil Edmond Bingham – who was killed in the crash – wasn't wearing a seat belt when his pickup was struck and that he was driving well below the speed limit.
Shilo Ryan Wilkerson, a 36-year-old Corinth who was driving the second vehicle, was injured but wasn't taken to the hospital, State Police said.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay