SWEETWATER, Texas - A Hermleigh woman is dead after a small, single-engine plane crash in Sweetwater Sunday.
Lisa Bowman, 60, died Sunday after the plane she was in crashed just three miles north of Sweetwater.
The aircraft was flying from Shreveport to Sweetwater.
The Department of Public Safety said the pilot, 58-year-old Richard Bowman, also of Hermleigh, was switching fuel tanks when a malfunction occurred, causing the engine to stall.
Richard Bowman was taken to Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries.
According to the FAA, the Bellanca Viking was flying from Shreveport to Sweetwater when it crashed. Preliminary information indicates the aircraft may have run out of fuel.
KTXS was told to reach out to DPS to confirm the conditions of the pilot and passenger; however, no information has yet been released.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range