MERKEL, Texas - A late afternoon fire forced three people to run for cover, one of them suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital.
It was near the intersection of FM 126 and FM 605 just North of Merkel.
The house caught fire around 3:20 p.m. Firefighters said they haven't determined the cause of the fire and they are still investigating.
A dog that lived at the home is reportedly missing. A neighbor said they are not sure whether the animal ran away or got trapped in the blaze.
Officials said they don't have a damage estimate so far.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account