MERKEL, Texas - A late afternoon fire forced three people to run for cover, one of them suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital.
It was near the intersection of FM 126 and FM 605 just North of Merkel.
The house caught fire around 3:20 p.m. Firefighters said they haven't determined the cause of the fire and they are still investigating.
A dog that lived at the home is reportedly missing. A neighbor said they are not sure whether the animal ran away or got trapped in the blaze.
Officials said they don't have a damage estimate so far.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated