MERKEL, Texas - A late afternoon fire forced three people to run for cover, one of them suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital.
It was near the intersection of FM 126 and FM 605 just North of Merkel.
The house caught fire around 3:20 p.m. Firefighters said they haven't determined the cause of the fire and they are still investigating.
A dog that lived at the home is reportedly missing. A neighbor said they are not sure whether the animal ran away or got trapped in the blaze.
Officials said they don't have a damage estimate so far.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking