MERKEL, Texas - A late afternoon fire forced three people to run for cover, one of them suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital.
It was near the intersection of FM 126 and FM 605 just North of Merkel.
The house caught fire around 3:20 p.m. Firefighters said they haven't determined the cause of the fire and they are still investigating.
A dog that lived at the home is reportedly missing. A neighbor said they are not sure whether the animal ran away or got trapped in the blaze.
Officials said they don't have a damage estimate so far.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims