SWEETWATER, Texas - Human remains found alongside I-20 in Sweetwater in July of 2012, have now been identified.
Sweetwater Police say the remains are of Gabriel Salinas.He was born in 1948.
His last known permanent address was in Gruver, Texas.
Authorities made the identification by comparing DNA with Salinas's brother.
The remains were found by a work crew who was mowing grass.
There's still no cause of death.
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting