RISING STAR, Texas - Comanche County investigators confirmed Thursday that human remains were found on the property of Amber Lowery, a 34-year-old mother who had been missing since the night of July 23.
Mike Lowery, her husband,who previously called KTXS requesting that her photo be broadcast, was arrested and charged with her murder on Tuesday.
Below is a press release from the Comanche Co. Sheriff's Office:
COMANCHE, Texas – On July 30, 2013, Michael Logan Lowery was arrested and charged with the murder of his wife Amber Lowery. He is being held at the Comanche County jail on a $1 million bond. Amber was reported as a missing person on July 24, 2013, when she failed to show up to meet her brother. Michael stated that he had last seen his wife the night of July 23, 2013, but had not heard from her since.
On July 27, 2013, Amber's 2011 Honda vehicle was found abandoned in Rising Star. Authorities interviewed witnesses and discovered that Michael drove the Honda to Rising Star, parked it and then obtained a ride back to his residence. Authorities obtained search warrants for Michael's residence, surrounding property and his personal vehicle.
On July 31, 2013, during the execution of the search warrants, human remains were located on the property surrounding Michael's residence. The remains were collected and are being sent to the Forensic Service Unit at the University of North Texas.
The Comanche County Sheriff's Office led the investigation and was assisted by the Texas Rangers, Texas Highway Patrol, Comanche Police Department and DeLeon Police Department. Any further investigative findings will be released to the District Attorney's Office.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday