SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - After four days, authorities on Tuesday wrapped up their efforts to exhume human remains found near Lake JB Thomas in Scurry County southwest of Snyder.
There is still no positive identification made on the human remains.
As of Tuesday evening, Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said Texas Rangers and other agencies had cleared the scene.
The lake is about 100 miles south of Lubbock, 90 miles west of Abilene and 70 miles northeast of Midland.
Also on Tuesday, KTXS news obtained an exclusive look at the crime scene where the body was discovered Saturday afternoon. KTXS news was the only station to get aerial video. News crews on the ground are being kept too far away to see what authorities are doing.
While flying over the area, our news team observed FBI agents, Texas Rangers and Colorado City police combing the area. More than a dozen vehicles could be seen driving through dirt roads.
The area where authorities searched Tuesday afternoon is dry and covered with brush and cacti. Orange flags marked the crime scene scattered around the area. The remains were found in a section of land covered in mesquite trees, cacti and thorns.
A DPS official said there is still no word on the sex, age, or identity of the body.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast