NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - The state transportation department will be closing both westbound lanes of Interstate 20 at U.S. 84 in Nolan County on Thursday for ongoing work to replace the bridge damaged when it was struck by a truck in September 2012.
Westbound I-20 will be closed all day as crews place beams on the new structure.
Traffic will be detoured to U.S. 84 business and routed around the overpass. Signs, cones and message boards will be in place to direct drivers.
All interstate lanes are expected to be open by Friday.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested