MITCHELL COUNTY, Texas - A Pennsylvania truck driver died in Mitchell County late Saturday night after trying to avoid another accident on an icy roadway.
According to state troopers, 57-year-old Major Singh of Harrisburg, PA was driving down I-20 around 11 p.m. near Mile Marker 226 when he tried to avoid a semi-trailer that had jack-knifed. Singh swerved to avoid the vehicle but overturned. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Drivers were being diverted from the area earlier in the night because of several wrecks. According to a TxDOT spokeswoman the interstate was projected to re-open about an hour before the fatal accident.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking