MITCHELL COUNTY, Texas - A Pennsylvania truck driver died in Mitchell County late Saturday night after trying to avoid another accident on an icy roadway.
According to state troopers, 57-year-old Major Singh of Harrisburg, PA was driving down I-20 around 11 p.m. near Mile Marker 226 when he tried to avoid a semi-trailer that had jack-knifed. Singh swerved to avoid the vehicle but overturned. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Drivers were being diverted from the area earlier in the night because of several wrecks. According to a TxDOT spokeswoman the interstate was projected to re-open about an hour before the fatal accident.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances