CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - Traffic was backed up for many miles for several hours on Interstate 20 after a semi-truck pulling a trailer collided with oncoming cars.
The crash happened around 12:30 this afternoon at eastbound exit 314.
The Department of Public Safety said the semi was towing a flatbed trailer while traveling east when one of its front tires blew out, causing the driver to lose control.
DPS said the truck crashed through the median and into oncoming traffic, hitting two vehicles and knocking them onto the eastbound access road.
No one was seriously injured.
Eastbound traffic on I-20 was backed up three to five miles from exit 309 to 313.
Crews were working to remove the semi from the median and flip the trailer over.
They will then open up one lane of traffic.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene