CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - Traffic was backed up for many miles for several hours on Interstate 20 after a semi-truck pulling a trailer collided with oncoming cars.
The crash happened around 12:30 this afternoon at eastbound exit 314.
The Department of Public Safety said the semi was towing a flatbed trailer while traveling east when one of its front tires blew out, causing the driver to lose control.
DPS said the truck crashed through the median and into oncoming traffic, hitting two vehicles and knocking them onto the eastbound access road.
No one was seriously injured.
Eastbound traffic on I-20 was backed up three to five miles from exit 309 to 313.
Crews were working to remove the semi from the median and flip the trailer over.
They will then open up one lane of traffic.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017