JONES COUNTY - Wednesday night's storm did quite a bit of damage in the Jones County area. According to the National Weather Service, winds were blowing an estimated 80 miles per hour causing major home damage in some areas.
Carports were blown over; house siding blown off, some trampolines even ended up blowing away. Roof material from Anson High School was blown off by those strong winds. There were also reports of downed power lines and trees. On a positive note, they did receive more than an inch and a half of rain in Anson from the storm.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget