JONES COUNTY - Wednesday night's storm did quite a bit of damage in the Jones County area. According to the National Weather Service, winds were blowing an estimated 80 miles per hour causing major home damage in some areas.
Carports were blown over; house siding blown off, some trampolines even ended up blowing away. Roof material from Anson High School was blown off by those strong winds. There were also reports of downed power lines and trees. On a positive note, they did receive more than an inch and a half of rain in Anson from the storm.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances