JONES COUNTY, Texas - Taylor Dering, 19, was sentenced to 80 years in prison after pleading guilty to raping an 87-year-old woman.
The jury deliberated for a few hours Thursday in Jones County before coming down with the sentence.
The sentencing hearing began Wednesday.
Dering admitted to breaking into the woman's home and raping her.
He was charged with aggravated sexual assault in April.
Anson police said he was wearing an ankle GPS device at the time the crime was committed and they were able to ping him at the scene.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring