JONES COUNTY, Texas - Taylor Dering, 19, was sentenced to 80 years in prison after pleading guilty to raping an 87-year-old woman.
The jury deliberated for a few hours Thursday in Jones County before coming down with the sentence.
The sentencing hearing began Wednesday.
Dering admitted to breaking into the woman's home and raping her.
He was charged with aggravated sexual assault in April.
Anson police said he was wearing an ankle GPS device at the time the crime was committed and they were able to ping him at the scene.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk