JONES COUNTY, Texas - Taylor Dering, 19, was sentenced to 80 years in prison after pleading guilty to raping an 87-year-old woman.
The jury deliberated for a few hours Thursday in Jones County before coming down with the sentence.
The sentencing hearing began Wednesday.
Dering admitted to breaking into the woman's home and raping her.
He was charged with aggravated sexual assault in April.
Anson police said he was wearing an ankle GPS device at the time the crime was committed and they were able to ping him at the scene.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking