KENT COUNTY, Texas - A sheriff's deputy has been charged with alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl.
Kent County Sheriff's Deputy Duane Eric West, 28, was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child Tuesday.
West was arrested after an investigation by the Texas Rangers initiated by a phone call from the alleged victim's mother.
The investigation started Dec. 31, 2012, after the initial call. Rangers worked with Child Protective Services workers, who also received a call concerning this assault. The Kent County Sheriff's Office also helped with the investigation.
The case has been filed with the Kent County District Attorney. West remains in Garza County Jail on $400,000 bond.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene