KENT COUNTY, Texas - A sheriff's deputy has been charged with alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl.
Kent County Sheriff's Deputy Duane Eric West, 28, was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child Tuesday.
West was arrested after an investigation by the Texas Rangers initiated by a phone call from the alleged victim's mother.
The investigation started Dec. 31, 2012, after the initial call. Rangers worked with Child Protective Services workers, who also received a call concerning this assault. The Kent County Sheriff's Office also helped with the investigation.
The case has been filed with the Kent County District Attorney. West remains in Garza County Jail on $400,000 bond.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana