KENT COUNTY, Texas - A sheriff's deputy has been charged with alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl.
Kent County Sheriff's Deputy Duane Eric West, 28, was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child Tuesday.
West was arrested after an investigation by the Texas Rangers initiated by a phone call from the alleged victim's mother.
The investigation started Dec. 31, 2012, after the initial call. Rangers worked with Child Protective Services workers, who also received a call concerning this assault. The Kent County Sheriff's Office also helped with the investigation.
The case has been filed with the Kent County District Attorney. West remains in Garza County Jail on $400,000 bond.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer