KNOX CITY, Texas - A 24-year-old Knox City man was killed Sunday in a single-vehicle accident on FM 2279 about seven miles southwest of Knox City.
While Ivan Espinal Orduna died in the crash, a passenger in Orduna's 1999 Chevrolet pickup – Jose Moreno, 33, also of Knox City – was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Dallas with what State Police described as a critical injury.
Orduna's body was taken to Smith Funeral Home in Knox City.
According to a State Police news release, Orduna's pickup was traveling east on FM 2279 towing a trailer.
"The pickup drove off of the edge of pavement on the south side of FM 2279 causing the vehicles to jerk," the news release said. "The driver over corrected to the left causing the truck and trailer to skid over to the north side of FM 2279 striking a utility pole. The truck and trailer separated.
"The pickup rolled over multiple times ejecting both the driver and passenger. The pickup came to rest on its left side and facing south in the barrow ditch."
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen