BALLINGER, Texas - Clyde Hessen Slonaker JR., 84, requested to be buried at Fort Sam Houston and today his wish was granted.
Slonaker was a veteran of both the Vietnam and Korean war.
Family, friends, motorcyclists and the patriot guard escorted him today as part of a final send off.
Tune into KTXS tonight at 6 for the full story.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday