EASTLAND, Texas - Because of a leak, the city of Eastland is encouraging water users to curtail outside watering and unnecessary watering "until further notice to prevent the city from running out of water."
The main line supplying Eastland with water from the Eastland County Water Supply District is leaking.
"The district is working on repairs at this time," the city said in a news release. "As soon as repairs are completed and service restored, the city of Eastland will advise everyone."
According to the city, Eastland's storage tank is only half full.
The request to curtail usage applies to all Eastland customers including Carbon, Olden, Staff and Westbound water supply corporations.
For more information on this or any other city of Eastland issue please contact Eastland City Hall, 113 E. Commerce, at (254) 629-8321.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer