EASTLAND, Texas - Because of a leak, the city of Eastland is encouraging water users to curtail outside watering and unnecessary watering "until further notice to prevent the city from running out of water."
The main line supplying Eastland with water from the Eastland County Water Supply District is leaking.
"The district is working on repairs at this time," the city said in a news release. "As soon as repairs are completed and service restored, the city of Eastland will advise everyone."
According to the city, Eastland's storage tank is only half full.
The request to curtail usage applies to all Eastland customers including Carbon, Olden, Staff and Westbound water supply corporations.
For more information on this or any other city of Eastland issue please contact Eastland City Hall, 113 E. Commerce, at (254) 629-8321.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay