ABILENE, Texas - Friday, The Firehouse bar in Abilene held a benefit concert for a Sweetwater paramedic injured in a motorcycle accident. All proceeds go to Nick Barton and his family.
Barton is in critical condition after a motorcycle accident last Wednesday morning.
The cover for the benefit was $5 and they also sold tee shirts at the event. There were two bands playing; one was country and the other was rock and roll.
To donate to the Bartons you can call Sweetwater Regional Federal Credit Union or First State Bank in Tuscola. Both of those banks have accounts set up in Barton's name.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer