SWEETWATER, Texas - Starting Tuesday, it'll get a little more difficult to travel through Sweetwater. 1.3 miles of Lamar Street are scheduled for a major facelift.
The area worked on will be from Interstate 20 to Avenue B. The Texas Department of Transportation will be completely rebuilding the road base, then laying new asphalt. They're also slated to build new concrete intersections to improve storm drainage.
Tuesday work crews will limit traffic to just one lane on each side of Lamar. However, access to businesses will be ensured, and work in front of the school on Lamar won't begin till the summer break of 2014.
The $6.5 million project is slated for completion in 2015.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth