SWEETWATER, Texas - Starting Tuesday, it'll get a little more difficult to travel through Sweetwater. 1.3 miles of Lamar Street are scheduled for a major facelift.
The area worked on will be from Interstate 20 to Avenue B. The Texas Department of Transportation will be completely rebuilding the road base, then laying new asphalt. They're also slated to build new concrete intersections to improve storm drainage.
Tuesday work crews will limit traffic to just one lane on each side of Lamar. However, access to businesses will be ensured, and work in front of the school on Lamar won't begin till the summer break of 2014.
The $6.5 million project is slated for completion in 2015.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program