BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Big Country man was arrested by Brown County authorities after claiming to be an officer of the law while detaining an alleged reckless driver.
Brown County deputies responded to a call from Taezer Thompson, 21, early Sunday morning. Thompson told deputies he followed a driver from Dublin to Blanket before the driver pulled over.
That’s when authorities say Thompson activated a light bar on his SUV, pulled out a gun and told the driver he was a police officer.
Thompson then detained the driver and called 911, but ended up in handcuffs himself when the deputies arrived.
Thompson was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and impersonating an officer.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue