BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Big Country man was arrested by Brown County authorities after claiming to be an officer of the law while detaining an alleged reckless driver.
Brown County deputies responded to a call from Taezer Thompson, 21, early Sunday morning. Thompson told deputies he followed a driver from Dublin to Blanket before the driver pulled over.
That’s when authorities say Thompson activated a light bar on his SUV, pulled out a gun and told the driver he was a police officer.
Thompson then detained the driver and called 911, but ended up in handcuffs himself when the deputies arrived.
Thompson was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and impersonating an officer.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire