STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A helicopter crash about 16 miles east of Breckenridge left one dead and injured another Tuesday afternoon.
Killed in the crash was James Robert Kelly, 75, a rancher from East Caddo who was passenger in the helicopter. Kelly's funeral services were held Friday afternoon in Breckenridge. He is survived by his wife, two children, and five grand children.
Injured was pilot Stephen Mills Reid, 75, of Aledo, who sustained minor injuries.
According to a Texas Department of Public Safety news release, the crash happened around 1:37 p.m. northeast of Caddo in Stephens County.
The helicopter was a Hughes Rotocraft OH-6A Turbo Shaft owned by SMR, Venture LLC out of Delaware.
DPS said the pilot said he were hovering over a stock tank when he lost control of the helicopter. The helicopter crashed into the water.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash