STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A helicopter crash about 16 miles east of Breckenridge left one dead and injured another Tuesday afternoon.
Killed in the crash was James Robert Kelly, 75, a rancher from East Caddo who was passenger in the helicopter. Kelly's funeral services were held Friday afternoon in Breckenridge. He is survived by his wife, two children, and five grand children.
Injured was pilot Stephen Mills Reid, 75, of Aledo, who sustained minor injuries.
According to a Texas Department of Public Safety news release, the crash happened around 1:37 p.m. northeast of Caddo in Stephens County.
The helicopter was a Hughes Rotocraft OH-6A Turbo Shaft owned by SMR, Venture LLC out of Delaware.
DPS said the pilot said he were hovering over a stock tank when he lost control of the helicopter. The helicopter crashed into the water.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack