MERKEL, Texas - Merkel High School reopened Wednesday after sending students home early Tuesday due to a power outage.
A transformer problem cut power to parts of the high school Tuesday.
The school principal told KTXS the south end of the building lost power just before 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Students were released early.
As of Wednesday all the power was restored and classes had resumed.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week