MERKEL, Texas - Merkel High School reopened Wednesday after sending students home early Tuesday due to a power outage.
A transformer problem cut power to parts of the high school Tuesday.
The school principal told KTXS the south end of the building lost power just before 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Students were released early.
As of Wednesday all the power was restored and classes had resumed.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting