MERKEL, Texas - Merkel High School reopened Wednesday after sending students home early Tuesday due to a power outage.
A transformer problem cut power to parts of the high school Tuesday.
The school principal told KTXS the south end of the building lost power just before 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Students were released early.
As of Wednesday all the power was restored and classes had resumed.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS