ABILENE, Texas - A 50-year-old Mississippi man has died as a result of injuries sustained in a two-vehicle crash at 12:12 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 20 between Abilene and Clyde.
State police said Michael Timothy Cochran was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene, where he was pronounced dead at 3:42 a.m., state police said in a news release.
Here's the complete news release from State Police spokesman Sparky Dean:
One person was killed in a two-vehicle crash occurring in Callahan County at 12:12 a.m. this morning. The crash was located between Abilene and Clyde on Interstate 20 near mile marker 297 in the east bound lane. Michael Timothy Cochran was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene where he was pronounced dead at 3:42 A.M. by Judge McAuliffe. The body was taken to North's Funeral Home in Abilene, Texas. The seatbelt was not worn.
Michael Timothy Cochran, 50 years of age from Waynesboro, Mississippi was driving a 2005 GMC Pickup east on Interstate 20. Judson Thomas Jackson, 36 years of age from Stephenville, Texas was driving a 1991 Freightliner (Wrecker), towing a 2003 Mack Truck and trailer, also east bound. Cochran's GMC Pickup ran into the back of the towed eighteen wheeler. Both vehicle came the rest on the south shoulder of the roadway. The weather was clear and the roadway was dry. This crash is being investigated by Trooper Justin Tabor.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash