ABILENE, Texas - Abilenians are spending more, but so are people in several other Big Country cities.
Sales tax collected in the month of June is up in most major Big Country towns.
Abilene is up nearly 9% this June compared to last.
Still, for the year Abilene is down 2% so far.
Brownwood revenue is up over 6.2%.
Sweetwater and Breckenridge are both down, though just slightly. Sweetwater slipped 1.8% and Breckenridge dropped 1.48%.
A rise in activity in the Cline Shale have both Snyder and Colorado City up. Colorado City is up a dramatic 20.51%, while Snyder is up 4.82%.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated