ABILENE, Texas - Abilenians are spending more, but so are people in several other Big Country cities.
Sales tax collected in the month of June is up in most major Big Country towns.
Abilene is up nearly 9% this June compared to last.
Still, for the year Abilene is down 2% so far.
Brownwood revenue is up over 6.2%.
Sweetwater and Breckenridge are both down, though just slightly. Sweetwater slipped 1.8% and Breckenridge dropped 1.48%.
A rise in activity in the Cline Shale have both Snyder and Colorado City up. Colorado City is up a dramatic 20.51%, while Snyder is up 4.82%.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash