ABILENE, Texas - Abilenians are spending more, but so are people in several other Big Country cities.
Sales tax collected in the month of June is up in most major Big Country towns.
Abilene is up nearly 9% this June compared to last.
Still, for the year Abilene is down 2% so far.
Brownwood revenue is up over 6.2%.
Sweetwater and Breckenridge are both down, though just slightly. Sweetwater slipped 1.8% and Breckenridge dropped 1.48%.
A rise in activity in the Cline Shale have both Snyder and Colorado City up. Colorado City is up a dramatic 20.51%, while Snyder is up 4.82%.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase