ABILENE, Texas - Abilenians are spending more, but so are people in several other Big Country cities.
Sales tax collected in the month of June is up in most major Big Country towns.
Abilene is up nearly 9% this June compared to last.
Still, for the year Abilene is down 2% so far.
Brownwood revenue is up over 6.2%.
Sweetwater and Breckenridge are both down, though just slightly. Sweetwater slipped 1.8% and Breckenridge dropped 1.48%.
A rise in activity in the Cline Shale have both Snyder and Colorado City up. Colorado City is up a dramatic 20.51%, while Snyder is up 4.82%.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot