AUSTIN - A new district attorney.has been named for Scurry and Borden counties.
Gov. Rick Perry has named Benjamin Smith of Snyder as the lead prosecutor for the 132nd Judicial District in Borden and Scurry counties.
Smith will serve a term set to expire at the next general election.
Smith, currently the Borden County attorney and an assistant district attorney for the 132nd Judicial District, is a former partner at Hargrove and Smith Attorneys at Law. He also is a former municipal court judge for the city of Snyder.
He received a bachelor's degree and law degree from Texas Tech University.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack