COLORADO CITY, Texas - Get ready for an even bigger economic impact in Colorado City.
Mitchell County officials will announce construction of a new natural gas powered electric plant Monday.
The power plant will be built just south of Westbrook and is expected to be completed by 2015.
The construction could bring about 1,000 jobs to the area. Once the power plant is up and running there will be 22 permanent jobs created.
The natural gas to power the plant could be coming from the Cline Shale, a large oil and natural gas deposit that sits below several western Big Country counties.
Construction on the project is expected to begin soon.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued